Released: September 9, 2008
for Windows 2000/XP/XP x64/Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
SnagIt, the award-winning screen-capture software. Using SnagIt, you can select and capture anything on your screen, then easily add text, arrows, or effects, and save the capture to a file or share it immediately by e-mail or IM. Capture and share an article, image, or Web page directly from your screen. Or, capture and share any part of any application that runs on your PC. Automatically save in one of 23 file formats, or send to the printer, to your e-mail, or to the clipboard. Use SnagIt’s built-in editors to modify, annotate, and enhance your images and the Catalog Browser to organize your files. Increase your productivity while quickly creating professional presentations and flawless documentation. With powerful new features that allow you to edit previously placed objects, capture embedded links and add interactivity to your captures, SnagIt 8 makes it easier than ever before to capture, edit, and share anything on your screen.
Features of SnagIt:
– SnagIt’s New Design: You’ll notice we’ve incorporated a new look into SnagIt 8, as well as design changes, based on some simple goals. We’ve used icons to take a visual approach to the capture process, making it easier to identify what you want to capture, yet keeping the workflow the same as always. Just select a profile or your favorite capture settings, and click the Capture button. So if you’re a longtime user, rest assured that the familiar capture options are all still there, plus some great new ones to make you even more efficient at performing your daily tasks with SnagIt.
– Smarter Editing of Objects and Text: With SnagIt’s powerful Editor at your fingertips, there’s no need to open another application to add the finishing touches to your captures. SnagIt 8’s Editor has been enhanced to include vector editing, so the callouts, arrows, shapes and text that you place on your capture remain editable. You can reselect any object you’ve previously placed on the capture to delete or edit it anytime. Save time making your images look exactly the way you want them to, the first time. Later, you can come back and modify those images for different audiences, or update them with new information, without going through the hassle of taking additional screen captures.
– Capture Web Pages with Links: Now you can capture a Web page with SnagIt and all of the links remain clickable. Use SnagIt to capture the part of the Web page that has the links you want to keep intact. Then, save the capture in a format that supports embedded links: Web page with image (.mht), Adobe PDF, (.pdf) or Macromedia Flash (.swf). The links will be embedded in the capture and clickable, just as they were on the original Web page. Send the capture by email and simply indicate where to click.
– Add Interactivity to your Captures: With SnagIt’s new hotspot feature, adding interactivity is easy. Capture an image, and then use SnagIt’s hotspot feature to specify parts of the image that, when moused over, will display text or images, or when clicked upon, will open a Web page. Add helpful hints and explanatory illustrations, or even create a functioning prototype of a Web page. Because textual comments only appear when hovered over, the entire image doesn’t end up cluttered with text.
– Save as PDF: Now you can share your captured images in the universally accepted format – PDF. No need to worry whether people can open the images you’ve sent them. The PDF format is perfect for saving and printing scrolling Web pages. You can also go paperless – capture your onscreen or scanned documents, and save them as PDF files.
Changelog – v9.0.1 :
– Fixed a bug where SnagIt could not save to the PSD format.
– Fixed a bug where user-created quick styles were not saved.
– Fixed a bug with the COM server failing on every second capture.
– Fixed a bug with the Word add-in not properly scaling large captures.
– Fixed several crash bugs from Windows Error Reporting.